Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 17-10-2003 , 05:58 PM

rigging/group/blend problem

Hi all.

I'm trying to Duplicate polygons that are grouped together in a Group. The polygons are a single mesh character, teeth and tongue. The polygons are skinned to a skeleton. This is something I've done several times in the past and in the past when I Duplicate the Group the polygons inside would have the Skinclusters from the original Group listed in the Output section of the Channel Box. This would allow me to create blend shapes with the Duplicated Groups and the original would stay bound to the skeleton while posed or animated.

Now when I Duplicate the Group the Skincluster does not show up in the Output section of the Channel Box. And when I make Blend Shapes the posed original Group will not stay bound to the skeleton when the blend shape slider bar is activated.

One other difference is that now the polygons in the Duplicated Groups automatically have their translate, rotate, scale... locked in the Channel Box when before they did not.

Any suggestion are greatly appreciated

Thanks
Jonathan

# 2 18-10-2003 , 01:13 PM

Now when I Duplicate the Group the Skincluster does not show up in the Output section of the Channel Box. And when I make Blend Shapes the posed original Group will not stay bound to the skeleton when the blend shape slider bar is activated.

have you check your duplicate option?
the duplicate input connection option must be checked.

------------------------------------------------
our decisions-not the conditions of our lives
determine our destiny.
# 3 18-10-2003 , 08:14 PM
I never had to check the input options before. I'd just do i standard duplicate and the skin clusters would always show up on the duplicated object. It's something I've done maybe fifty or more times to several different characters both for work and at home. I'm thinking i might have had some wierd perference checked and accidently turned it off with a hot key.