Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 22-11-2011 , 02:16 AM

Screwdriver

My version of the screwdriver

user added image

user added image

I did realize after I was finished with everything that, the shaft of the screwdriver should be longer in the handle piece.

# 2 22-11-2011 , 05:04 AM
Looks good

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 3 22-11-2011 , 06:17 AM
Lifetime Member
hmmm.. a good job on the handle material and rendering,i am not so convinced about the driver shaft though.Only my opinion and i am from the UK so i am used to Tools available there but the driver tip shape does not seem right to me as usually it would flare out a little and then taper back in .

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 4 22-11-2011 , 11:52 AM
Administrator
It's nice, but you should add a few pixels on the height so you get the whole product in the first shot instead of clipping it like that. Also these shots are normally done on a light grey, white or reflective black background, it's neutral and the screwdriver drowns a bit on the dark green. With a lighter matte background you could add one spotlight and turn on caustics, aimed at the red plastic it should make the material pop and put it in focus which would be more pleasing on the eye.