Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 22-12-2011 , 02:33 PM

NEWT - A Forgotten Project

Hi,
I'm a big fan of Pixar movies so I was quite disappointed when I heard about the cancellation of one of their projects. The protagonist is, as the movie's name implies user added image a little newt...and I wanted to see this cute animal in action.

https://pixar.wikia.com/Newt

Pixar already worked on some cool sketches for the characters so I took these pictures and modelled Newt in Maya and made a very short animation out of it. I don't have a lot of skills in Maya and with animation yet but I hope there are still some people who enjoy it user added image

Newt Trailer user added image - YouTube

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-12-2011 , 07:06 PM
Lifetime Member
hmm sounds a lot like it "Rio" probably a good idea to cancel this one though the character is pretty fun. Nice job on your animation. The body looks a little stiff it doesn't flow with the arms.

- Jake
# 3 22-12-2011 , 07:19 PM
Yeah you're right with the similar story but still sad. Thanks for the feedback. I really need to improve my rigging and animation skills, well actually my overall skills user added image hope to make a new project till summer. Your turtle looks fun btw.

# 4 22-12-2011 , 07:57 PM
Lifetime Member
Lol yeah Mr. Turtle he was fun to model though its been a while since I have done anything with him. I suck at texturing so he is still dull gray.

You've been a member here at SM for a long time it looks like why wait so long to post? Try joining in on the monthly challenges your overall skills will improve drastically.

- Jake
# 5 23-12-2011 , 12:49 AM
Hhmmm, I don't even know how I got here and how it's possible that I'm a member for such a long time. Thought I didn't start with 3D before 2007 or so user added image I was just to busy studying and there is not much space for 3D animation although it seems to be just the thing for me because I really enjoy creating cartoony characters and all that stuff.

I will try to join some challanges if I find the time. Sounds like fun.