Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 22-09-2003 , 03:11 PM
Kevin

Cloth shirt tutorial - ITS FREE

# 2 22-09-2003 , 03:23 PM
Hope everyone likes it....

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 22-09-2003 , 04:22 PM
SM Tea Boy
I did lol I'm becoming a Maya expert by proxy user added image

David.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 22-09-2003 , 04:44 PM
Hehehe Dave

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 5 22-09-2003 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber
Nice! And free! We like! Never done anything with cloth before so this is a good intro. Goodly stuff.

# 6 24-09-2003 , 09:09 PM
Kevin
well this video has had hundreds of downloads....and I mean hundreds and only Witchy has said thanks

Maybe people dont appreciate the free stuff anymore?? Its a great vid and kurt put his own time in to do this for you guys so maybe show a little respect?

# 7 24-09-2003 , 09:30 PM
The Maya Mountain
Yeah, people don't tend to care... just want free stuff. I've got people IM me all the time asking, "I got all the freebies, where can I find a good rigging video?"

user added image

# 8 24-09-2003 , 10:25 PM
Awwww user added image

I recently picked it up and was one of the ill-mannered gits who hasn't said thanks. However, I do appreciate them immensely as if it weren't for them, I'd have never been able to do more than make a bunch of boxes.

So, how about a blanket "THANKS" to all the video folks? user added image

# 9 24-09-2003 , 11:10 PM
Subscriber
I certainly appreciate every tut on this site. I am about to download the cloth shirt tut and just know its going to be great.

thank you everyone who makes video tutorials user added image

MSN: mizin_alex@hotmail.com
E-MAIL: mizina@alphalink.com.au
# 10 02-10-2003 , 12:46 AM
Subscriber
Yeah, let me add my appreciation for a super video tutorial and though I've spent the last while struggling with cloth and gone thru all the help files twenty times I was able to get lots of excellent and new knowledge out of Kurt's tutorial.

This site is getting so big I keep getting surprised - time to use the search option I guess. There's usually a tutorial, a link or a helpful discussion on any given Maya topic.

So Kurt - how about a tutorial that goes into animating with cloth? Make it a vip tut user added image

As for people being unappreciative of the time and energy... well, karma has it's way of comin' around...

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 11 02-10-2003 , 01:50 AM
ereitz, yes i'll be doing a cloth tut wiht aniamtion so member can see how it works and what happens with cloth in animation.

# 12 02-10-2003 , 02:51 AM
I said thanks kinda user added image I made a whole thread in members lounge saying it was really useful, and asked about how to keep trousers from falling down.

# 13 02-10-2003 , 03:30 AM
Subscriber
Cool! thanx guys - I have no idea how to use the cloth in maya... I guess I wont be able to say that anymore thoughuser added image

# 14 02-10-2003 , 05:58 PM
Just a rough cloth avi used in animation. The cloth was done using the second way of making cloth then in the first cloth tut...

Attached Files
File Type: zip spazcloth.zip (1.32 MB, 660 views)

# 15 03-10-2003 , 02:23 PM
Kevin
hey mate a very cool little anim user added image nice job kurt