Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-09-2009 , 09:12 PM

maya wont run

i downloaded maya 2010 from autodesk and has yet to start. once maya comes up it states FATAL ERROR. ATTEMPTING TO SAVE IN C:/USERS....... then it closes
im using vista w 500g hard drive 4g memory and 2.1g core 2 dou prosesor.... how can i get it to run??

# 2 26-09-2009 , 08:55 PM
Super Moderator
Contact Autodoesk.

- Genny
# 3 27-09-2009 , 03:46 AM
Are you running as an administrator?

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 4 27-09-2009 , 03:51 AM
im not sure... the first time starting up after the standard installation it come up with the saving error and closes its self

# 5 28-09-2009 , 02:35 PM

very same thing

I also downloaded the 64bit from autodesk maya, several times - playing with my secutity settings each time , but when I start the program everything looks ok til the very end and says - critical error trying to save to file.........

none of maya faq areas seem to address this problem.

# 6 29-09-2009 , 02:10 AM
as long as im not a lone w this.... im going to tey to contact autodesk directly.. but i used a crack on the trial so i'm iffy about doing so.

# 7 29-09-2009 , 02:17 AM
Yeah, haha, don't contact them.

www.joopson.com
# 8 29-09-2009 , 02:58 AM
EduSciVis-er
Haha... well the crack is probably the problem.

# 9 29-09-2009 , 03:19 AM
I have had this problem too, so I am more inclined to believe it is a problem with system compatibility.

Not to encourage cracking or anything, but usually if a crack works, it completely works. Not that I would know. :p

www.joopson.com
# 10 29-09-2009 , 03:38 AM
it shouldn't be my system bc iv had maya 08 before and the crack worked fine it just wont let it run... it just seems that something small is off somewhere thats giving me headaches

# 11 29-09-2009 , 10:37 AM
Subscriber
i knew you had it cracked :p

i always wonder about these people who publically announce to the world "hey i'm stealing stuff because i can't be bothered to pay the people who worked really hard!"

oh the life of developers and artists
work your ass off only to have some kids steal your stuff

of course people start caring only when you start making money off their stuff though..

did the trial work to start with?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 12 29-09-2009 , 05:00 PM
no the trial never ran.

# 13 29-09-2009 , 08:20 PM
Subscriber
then you should contact autodesk and say the trial didn't run user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 14 25-06-2011 , 08:38 AM

Got it

Im guessing if your situation is anything like mine (minus the pirating) you are running an ATI card with catalyst control center. What i did was COMPLETELY uninstall all ATI products. (use ccleaner for as much as you can) turn of firewalls and AV, clear your temp files, and update windows. (i found that my catalyst was actually stopping my win7 machine from installing sp1. ) find latest ati download and do a custom install. Only select the driver from the custom list (some are greyed and make you select them) install that driver adn restart. That should do it. If you want the catalyst control center you can now follow the same process but install that rather than the driver. ALthough not necissary it gives you fan speed control options that you may want. If that screws it up. Repeat process and skip the catalyst. In my case the Catalyst actually locked me out of my c:\user\username\appdata\local folder and i could not save any configs in several programs. a

# 15 25-06-2011 , 08:39 AM

haha

now to actually start using the program