SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Animation / Two Animated Models in ONE Scene?

Animation Animation & Rigging Related Topics

Join the conversation. Reply to post

21-04-2016, 01:06 AM   #1
BenJi2D

Two Animated Models in ONE Scene?
Hi there guys! I'm very new to 3D modeling and animation. I'm trying hard to level up fast by reading/watching tutorials, but even tho sometimes I can't find a solution for what I'm looking for.

So...I have two separate humanoid models that are rigged and animated in two different files. All I want is to put em next to one another so they can walk together in one animation /scene (they are Daft Punk so you get the idea =D). They have different walking animations. I tried by grouping them with their rigs in the outliner and importing and even copy paste...but doesn't seem to work. I move em around the way I want em to be and when I click play OR save them they got in the center of the scene stacking onto one another and yeah...that's where I'm stuck at. I tried Google/Youtube and even this forum for an answer, but I couldn't find a solution.