Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 13-12-2002 , 07:18 PM

first ever head

Hi Guys
this is my first attempt at creating a head, i havent finished it, but i know its not a good attempt user added image .

# 2 13-12-2002 , 07:19 PM
sorry, forgot to add the screenshot, oops

# 3 13-12-2002 , 11:01 PM
Subscriber
wow, looks like an alien. are you trying to do that user added image

the forehead needs a bit pushed in - and the chin needs be a bit thicker if you ask me.

i think you have created a solid basis for your head. keep it up user added image

# 4 14-12-2002 , 08:39 AM
Great start! Keep it up!

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 5 14-12-2002 , 09:14 AM
I agree, great start!!

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win your still retarded.
# 6 14-12-2002 , 10:07 AM
Subscriber
Fascinating!

Have you run into any problems while making this face Lespaul84?

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 7 14-12-2002 , 07:10 PM
A long time ago when i started out in 3dsmax, i tried to model a head, and my first attempt was a dismal failure. From that day on i vowed to stay as far away from organic modelling as i could force myself to stay. But... just as of late, i have taken the plunge, there are many easy methods of organic modelling, for faces and various body parts, and alot of them are rather simple, just take alot of vertice pushing and pulling. Keep up the great work, and never let your inner critic pull you away from something, because we can only be the best, if we want to be the best, and keep pushing towards it user added image. Its a great start. Keep at it!!

-Imperator

# 8 15-12-2002 , 11:51 AM
Subscriber

Getting rid of the split between dublicates

Very nice work.

I am a newbie, but have experienced problems myself with the split between the two dublicated if you model with the create polygon tool and dublicates an instance.

The solution (anyway it worked for me) is to combine the dublicated and use the merge edge tool to get rid of the split. Here is my own first attempt (before the split was removed)

# 9 15-12-2002 , 11:07 PM
Subscriber
strange - i did not know where can anything go wrong when you mirror - i mirrored my wip today - and it looked - i let the mirror merge the vertices - and maya did all the job - i dont remember when the last time was when i doubled my faces with a click - oh right i remember - when i had 1 face - and made the second with create polygon tool user added image

# 10 16-12-2002 , 09:35 PM
Subscriber

Dont get it...

Hey Duck...

Will you please descreibe (somehow detailed) how you mirror your modelling.. and especially how you make the mirror merge the vertices... I just draw the shape in the sideview and after using the split polygon tool, pulling out the vertices. Then select object and then edit>dublicate (instance) - and that IS doubling the edges between the split...??

Kühl

Kühl
# 11 17-12-2002 , 04:10 AM
cool looks like the heads i make now.!!! hehhe