Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 21-10-2008 , 07:59 AM

Enviroment Sketch - Otherworldly Civ

Rough enviroment sketch here guys.

I don't have time to take this any further, not really happy with the interior, nor the mountain, ill squeeze in some more studies but im content with the compositoin though the FG feels a little empty.

Themes ran off a few shape studies i did a while ago, its kind of ended up a little sam and max like with the horned shapes in the bg user added image. I was planning to do somthing decent with the space where the mountain sits but no time.
user added image

# 2 21-10-2008 , 08:16 AM
Hey, this is pretty cool!
I'd post a work of mine too but I'm really ashamed with it... I'm not very good with 2D user added image

Are you going to model it? seems like a pretty big project...
Keep it up!
Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 3 22-10-2008 , 04:23 PM
cheers dude!
not going to do this in CGI.
Would love C&C anyone?!

FX supervisor - double negative
# 4 22-10-2008 , 05:22 PM
Super Moderator
Some areas confuse me as they run together because of the soft brush you used, something that I've learned is that while soft edged brushes are good for creating subtle variation across surfaces, hard edged brushes are better at creating definition.

- Genny
# 5 23-10-2008 , 12:30 AM
Subscriber
same here, there's no vectors to draw my eye to a center of focus and from there, understand the setting and subject, theme ect.

yes my eye is wandering everywhere trying to figure where the attraction (centre of interest) is and im getting vertigo user added image

great work though.

actually on closer inspection there are tons of vectors?? but as mentioned.., the softbrush is distracting.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 6 23-10-2008 , 02:35 AM
indeedy, sound advice i think i just slacked on cleaning up the lines, it is resized and saved as jpg which usually puts the image through a filter so that could explain some of the ambiguities, ill shove up a full res version at some point which is almost 4x the size

FX supervisor - double negative