SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Face Selection: highlights nearby faces

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

10-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
dannyboiii

Face Selection: highlights nearby faces
Hey, im new to maya and im following this tutorial.

Im extruding faces however there's this one part i cant seem to do and its giving me a headache.

each time i choose a face, the edges will be highlighted yellow and so will the nearby faces which are highlighted red. When i select one face and then transform its size, itll affect the whole surrounding areas including the red edged faces and i dont want this to happen

how can i just transform the size of the face that i selected without having the nearby faces transforming along side it?
10-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
LauriePriest

Look into the tool options and you will have soft selection enabled, you can turn it off in the options or hit the b key to toggle it on and off.
10-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
dannyboiii

that was a lot of help thank you now i can continue my tutorial