Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 24-07-2009 , 12:24 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Well I always check the videos before I send them off and I know they are fine on the originals, so if there is a problem its usually best to get hold of David, as encoding and resizing the videos etc for download is his realm and not mine, I just record the videos with the settings Im asked to use so....

I model pretty quick generally so the speed of the mouse isnt a mistake LOL.

am glad you learnt something anyway...

Jay

# 17 24-07-2009 , 02:12 PM
Interesting that this is the latest tut. I was looking at automatic rifle references the other day and musing over the best way to create sharp, hi-res inset (stamping plant-style) lettering like you see in the following example:

SCAR Rifle

Booleans were a complete failure, so I guess the next line of thinking would be displacement map or bump map.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 18 24-07-2009 , 03:05 PM
Subscriber
yeah, Booleans would likely give you nightmare topology that would be tricky to smooth. Some kind of inverted bump should do the trick at a reasonable distance/angle....otherwise displacement.

# 19 04-08-2009 , 10:52 PM
Subscriber
I am very interested in purchasing this tutorial series.

I use Maya 2009 Unlimited, will this be ok or does the video use older version and I won't be able to follow it??

Thank you!!

# 20 05-08-2009 , 08:00 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Maya 2009 will be fine

J