Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 30-11-2004 , 05:18 AM

stupid looking shadows

the shadows on this render look stupid.. is there anyway I can fix it? I just use point lights and just added depth map shadows, I didnt do anything more with the options..

# 2 30-11-2004 , 05:20 AM
a picture would help right?

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 30-11-2004 , 09:31 AM
Subscriber
Hey there.

You said you didn't mess around with any of the settings, just checked 'use depth map shadows'??

Try increasing the dmap resoloution of the light which is casting shadows. When this is too low, it can cause shadows too look jagged or wierd. Try setting it to the same as your rendering resoloution, then increasing it to get the look you want. Be careful on setting it too high though, as it can kill your render times.

Hope this helps user added image

LisaG

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 4 30-11-2004 , 10:52 PM

Originally posted by lisa_gonzalez
Hey there.

You said you didn't mess around with any of the settings, just checked 'use depth map shadows'??

Try increasing the dmap resoloution of the light which is casting shadows. When this is too low, it can cause shadows too look jagged or wierd. Try setting it to the same as your rendering resoloution, then increasing it to get the look you want. Be careful on setting it too high though, as it can kill your render times.

Hope this helps user added image

LisaG

thanks, Ill try that...