Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 29-12-2006 , 12:06 PM

run and 4 legged walk cycle

Hello. Here are a couple of excersises I completed. The walk cycle for the wolf character was referenced from the Animator's Survival Kit. The run cycle is a tutorial i followed by Rodri Torres. It can found at rodri.aniguild.com. For some reason, my premeire renders are coming out faster than the playblasts in maya. Both are the same frame rate, but the final mov from premeire is still coming out faster. I can't figure it out. Anyways, Thanks for the critique.

wolf walk link below

https://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1560999738

run cycle link below

https://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1638250206

# 2 29-12-2006 , 12:34 PM
Acid44
the wolf walk looks nice and realistic which is cool but the run looks like sasquatch or my dad trying to outrun a bullet i just looks wierd

oh and i like the portfolio piece and the fight scene

# 3 29-12-2006 , 12:37 PM
Cool. Thank you.... keep the critiques coming!

# 4 29-12-2006 , 12:49 PM
Subscriber
the for the run cycle, the timing is really good. but the poses are not so convincing. he's not in a running stance at all, or look like he should be running. the arms are a bit stiff too.

the wolf's walk has some popping in the front legs.
i think the back legs are delayed too long.

other than that the timing is pretty smooth.

# 5 29-12-2006 , 01:25 PM
I kind of like the run cycle - it has a very cartoony - chest out - feel to it if you know what I mean. The wolf walk is cool too, but as vladimirjp said, there is definitely some popping going on - it looks like you have some extra keys set that you forgot to delete, though I know next to nothing about animating.

I also like the speaking animation and the fight scene is awesome! Good work mate.
user added image

# 6 29-12-2006 , 03:37 PM
I fixed the popping on the front leg of the wolf. I saw that after I posted, then went back in and adjusted some keys. The model is a lil difficult to work with. I tried a couple things, but could not quite figure out how to get the lag just right on the hind legs.

The run cycle is still a work in progress. I followed the tutorial point for point, but i guess there is still a lot of tweaking to do. And from what I'm learning. The tweaking is the part of the animation that takes the most time.

The other animations on the page were done a lil while back. Im trying to add to the portfolio now.

Thanks for the crits.... keep em coming.