Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-06-2008 , 07:16 AM

subdivide icon

Hello,

I am an a newbie to maya and learning it from the tutorials. I am not able to find the option of subdivide anywhere. And where exactly is the edit polygon tool? Is it the polygons tab in the shelf? not able to go anywhere:headbang: pls help

# 2 10-06-2008 , 07:31 AM
Lifetime Member
First Welcome to the SM forum .

It is difficult to answer you question as it's not entirely clear . Depending on what version of Maya you are using the menu option are named differently and in some case in different locations so without being a little more specific with your questions ,the answer may not apply to your version.
I would suggest you start by hitting F1 on the keyboard to bring up the help files that come with Maya and work your way through the tutorials contained,this should give you a basic understanding of the interface and where everything is located.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner

Last edited by jsprogg; 10-06-2008 at 07:33 AM.