Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 181 25-04-2003 , 03:39 AM
Simply Maya OG
Wow, amazing M. I like the "evil" one better user added image

- Hybrid
# 182 25-04-2003 , 03:45 AM
Subscriber
Hah, alright hybrid... hmm, I like it too but it would of needed a LOT of work. Anyways, I am going to stick with the default skin colors from the refrences i have. user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 183 25-04-2003 , 04:04 AM
Simply Maya OG
Yea. The yellow one looks like a plastic toy :p

- Hybrid
# 184 25-04-2003 , 04:08 AM
Subscriber
HAHA F u tooo Devil-Digi-Dork! Nice M, is it just me or is the file for the eye colour REALLY small? It seems realy low quality, and could look alot nicer.

I needa get those rigging movies. Mine came out like crap.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 185 25-04-2003 , 04:51 AM
Subscriber
Lol, vectorman.. its quite a detailed eye.... here.. i will show you a immensly zoomed in picture of it. From far away though too, i dont really see how it could be considered pixelated... may just be my monitor though user added image.

# 186 25-04-2003 , 05:49 PM
O.O wow thats is a very detailed eye.. interesting. how did you do it? or just a texture?

# 187 25-04-2003 , 11:19 PM
Subscriber
Its not a texture its a ramp shader with fractal image user added image... I was taught by kurt.

# 188 26-04-2003 , 09:34 AM
Subscriber
Oh waou...I could drown myself in that ocean...hii

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 189 26-04-2003 , 04:31 PM
Subscriber
Holy CRAP!!! I'ma go dig that thread up and learn it!!!! I dunno why it seemed bad before! SORRY

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 190 26-04-2003 , 07:56 PM
send me a link to that thread if you come across it ben, i am interested... (btw fractals and sets are coool, i was reading this thing about them in math)

# 191 27-04-2003 , 04:41 AM
Subscriber
Yah fractals ARE SICK! Andy can hook you up with a program where you can mess with equtions and It will generate a fractal image. And you can zoom in over and over again, and they never end!! You come out with some WICKED cool images this way, Thats why its usually the first thing i start to play with as random type Texture attributes. From using bryce for soo many years, i learned alot about just making textures with just some basic Tex tools.

Anyways back to the nonrambling, I found the thread and realized that it doesn't explain it that well. I even tried it, but haven't figured out layered shaders yet, so i lose.

BTW dale, i realised you havent posted for a few days. Did you realize )v( won the first round? Just letting you know you missed the vote and all that. Sorry bro.

Last edited by Vectorman; 27-04-2003 at 04:44 AM.