Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 20-12-2005 , 09:28 PM
Subscriber

Big Problem with GI Tutorial

Hey guys, I have been working on the GI model for about a month now, and so far things have been going quite well. However, last night as I finished video 6, I must have accidentally saved my smoothed mesh (he asks to convert to nurbs, but since I am including this model in a game mod, I converted it to polys to see what it looked like) on top of my base mesh. So now I have no access to my base mesh unless I make use of a model that I saved around the time that I finished video 5. In top of that, I can't even convert this higher poly count poly model into SubDs anymore. Is there any possible way to discover that lost file, or is it forever gone? If that is so, I could possibly live with that if I could at least convert this model to subds so as to smooth the ridges down the middle of the head when I duplicate and combine the one half of the face. If anyone could help, today or tomorrow would be excellent, I would really appreciate, as I have to post the head for an update tomorrow.

Thanks.

Attached Files
File Type: rar gi_tutorial.rar (187.7 KB, 222 views)