Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 02-04-2004 , 02:23 PM

need help with a tutrioal

ok so iv been tryin this tutorail

https://www.alias.com/eng/community/t...ds/index.jhtml

done it several (million user added image) times but just cant seem to get it

on thing i noticd, is when u change the resoultion for the second time (250 x 250) the map dissappers , although if u go "render current frame" its there,

the other thing is when u go into the graph editor 2wards the end, it mentions give it a flat tangent, my lines just flat all the way

so what happend when i render is i dont get any movement,
i renderd all the frames,
also i get a very very pixely alias

If anyone could help me out here its doin me nut in

thanks for ya time and sorry about any spelling !

Nick

# 2 02-04-2004 , 08:12 PM
Subscriber
for the link to work u have to link it to the page
i'm afraid it will not work the way u post it.
link it on a word using the link feature. or the https://

# 3 03-04-2004 , 12:13 AM

# 4 03-04-2004 , 01:11 AM
actually, the first link worked for me, so I don't understand vladimir.
About your problem, I'm a newb myself, so I don't know much about particles (only used them once very briefly), so I'm afraid I can't help :-/
I will however try it out next week if you still haven't solved the problem just to see if maybe I can figure it out (two heads think better than one anyway). I can't do it until next week because I'm very busy with a project (check my WIP thread) and I have an important test on monday. Sorry.

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup:
# 5 03-04-2004 , 01:13 AM
lol, thanks !!

the trouble isnt bout pixels, can sometimes get my head round them its fluids,

just dont get it gona go a try a few more times

ill let u know if i get lucky user added image

Nick

# 6 13-04-2004 , 01:11 AM
ok, maybe it's too late for this, but I've been playing with that like I said I would; and here is what I have to say about it.

About not seeing anything after increasing the resolution. The same exact thing happen to me user added image I haven't been able to find a solution. I get that problem even if I increase it to just 150. I think, however, that it probably has something to do with my video card. I have a punny little GeForce 2 user added image What do you have?

About the curve in the graph editor. At first I didn't have that problem, but then I managed to simulate it. I don't know exactly what happen or the best way to solve it. All I know is that it happen when I tried to re-use my fluid node to make a new animation. So all I did to fix that problem was delete everything and start from zero. If you are starting from zero and you still can't see it then try selecting "time2" in the hypergraph and then open the graph editor and press "f".

Anyway, here is the product of my 30 minutes of meddling with that stuff :p I'm pretty exited because it's only the second time I play with the dynamics menus :o

Attached Images

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup: