Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 22-02-2011 , 12:06 PM
Subscriber

wrecked car

Hi
Here's a quick post of my work in progress of a wrecked car. My idea is to build some clean and simple geometry, use diffuse/ specular textures to make the body look wrecked and made up of salvage parts.
I could add a normal map to the textures to make each dent look more detailed, but I have decided to leave out normals and see how far I can push the detail with only diffuse/ spec.
The size of the texture at the moment is 2048 x 2048, however when I am happy with the texture I will drop the size down to 1024 x1024.
Any feed back will be most appreciated.

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 28-02-2011 , 09:26 PM
haha looks cool for game matte the textures look a bit blurry do you turn of the texture filtering? user added image

# 3 02-03-2011 , 11:28 AM
Lifetime Member
hmmmm how did you get my car up here?? LOL it looks ok man...I dig the 'paintjob' or lack thereof...

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes