Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 02-10-2007 , 09:31 AM

Question ?

You know whenever number of vertices increase
the rendering and animation becomes slower

so what i am wondering if i did an animation and it runs veryyyy slow on Maya

if i create a clip out of it will the video be slow or will it be of normal speed

i dont want to start creating creatures and scenes with large vertex count and end up not able to do anything with them

if the question is stupid dont laugh bec im new to Maya
thanks

# 2 02-10-2007 , 12:01 PM
I haven't really done any animation but I'm pretty sure that that the final outcome will be at whatever speed you choose it to be despite how slow it is in Maya. If you create a video at 24 frames per second, then your final clip will be just that, 24 frames per second.

If your computer can play videos and movies, then you shouldn't have any problems viewing your final clip at regular speed.

Note: This is mostly a guess and not based on experience, so unless someone else post a definite answer, you could just do a test animation with a model you know is slow. That way you'll know for sure. I'm pretty sure you'll be okay though.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 02-10-2007 , 12:17 PM
Acid44
hey,

ive done a couple animations from slow running scenes and i know that no matter how slow it is in maya itll still run the animation normally when you play the video the ony problem youll have is the render timeuser added image