Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 14-05-2003 , 04:34 AM
Subscriber

strange texture when rendering

Hello!

Look at the image attached. I had this surface, which is maed of several levels of boolean operations and face extruding, and then I applied a Lambert material to it, and then a 2D texture called wall7 (which I got from the Shader Library).

Why is it all scrambled? Which parameters should I change to get it working correctly?

I have already tried a lot of differente setting, but as I`m a complete newbie, I can`t get it right!

Thank you very much
Daniel

user added image

# 2 14-05-2003 , 04:36 AM
Looks to me like it isn´t UV mapped.

Check the documentation or the videos on this site to understand texturing polygonal models.

# 3 03-06-2003 , 06:33 PM
Yea its a UV map problem.
The UV's are all messd up at that point on the surface.Also doing booleans can sometimes mess things up.

# 4 03-06-2003 , 09:40 PM
Subscriber
Thanx to you all, folks... I remapped the UV and it worked!

best regards
Daniel

<font size="1"><strong>"The hardest thing to see is what is in front of your eyes"
<em>Goethe</em></strong></font>