Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 27-12-2002 , 06:39 AM

New Video Card

Gteetz everyone!!

I have been thinking about getting a new video card. Currently, I have a 3D Labs VX1 and it's not bad baring a problem I'm having with Photoshop (may or may not be the card)

Any who, I was just at the 3d Labs site and was looking at the new Wildcat VP560 as is in my price range of 200 bucks. Are there any other recommendations?? How is Nvidia??

Thanks for taking a gander

user added image
Lynx

Kind regards,

LYNX
# 2 30-12-2002 , 08:19 AM
Subscriber
I always go with nVidia, and they haven't given me anything to complain about yet.

I've got a Winfast Geforce4 128mb Ti4200 VIVO. I'ts pretty sweet and only set me back about $400 Australian. It's got dual monitor support, TV out and even a video capture function as well! Everything works alright and I find it fine with Maya. It's also great for playing high-end 3D games.

What sort of card you should get depends upon what you are wanting to do with it.

REMEMBER: graphics speed is not only determined by your video card, but also by your CPU and RAM. For example... if you have a Pentium 200Mhz with 64mb of RAM, then buying a top of the range video card will do almost nothing (not to mention the hardware compatability issues).

Hope this helps ya a bit mate user added image

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP