Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 03-05-2005 , 07:57 PM
I got to vote for The creator of AppleSeed the anime aswell, that was some sick animation.

# 17 04-05-2005 , 12:24 AM
Subscriber
Jason Schleifer is just so good.

If you haven't seen it check out his demo reel. The dog is so funny and shows just how real something can be even with out looking real. There is even a fish at the end in line with the challange going on right now.

His demo here...

# 18 04-05-2005 , 07:11 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Yeah I agree Jay Schleifer is just one of the best. I saw his reel a while back. His site is always worth checking out, www.jonhandhisdog.com

Hes got a great attitude towards work and is a damn good laugh too. Download the 3d buzz radio with his interview on from 2002 (i think) its the december one. If not I have it so I can always give the right name of it if need be at www.3dbuzz.com its just real funny and he gives a great insight to what he was doing at Weta and how he got there, I think he now work at PDI as an Animator/TD

_J

# 19 04-05-2005 , 03:10 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Peltra

My dad->For his on-going support and critiques, and first mentioning Maya to me.

And of couse, the biggest one of all, Jason Edwards. For his uncanny knowledge of Maya, human anotomy, and british humor :p

Plus all the people here at sm that have helped me get to where I am today.

Cheers!

inspirational animators?:chinese: or oscar winning speech

hehe

Last edited by vladimirjp; 04-05-2005 at 03:18 PM.
# 20 04-05-2005 , 03:17 PM
Subscriber
i like japanese animation, so i guess i like those animators....
who ever they may beuser added image

Last edited by vladimirjp; 04-05-2005 at 03:19 PM.