SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Dynamics & Special Effects / Blobby Fire render

Dynamics & Special Effects Maya Particles, nDynamics, Fluids, Rigid Bodies & General VFX

Join the conversation. Reply to post

08-10-2014, 09:46 AM   #1
salik89

Blobby Fire render
I am pretty new to Maya fluids and currently I am having some problems with the settings?

Basically, I have an animated snake, and I am trying to make the snake on fire.
As such, I am using Maya fluids, in which I used the snake geo (did a geo cache) and make is as Emit from Object

Though I am using Maya Software to render, my fire seems more like a blob, rather than those fire kind of effect (like ghost rider, for example)
Adding on, I am not using any Fuel in my setup

Or is this just the software render issue?
08-10-2014, 01:44 PM   #2
stwert
EduSciVis-er

A good starting point might be to look at some fire examples in the Visor. MMB drag them into a new scene and check out some of the parameters and results. It's a lot easier than starting from scratch.
09-10-2014, 02:30 AM   #3
salik89

Hi stwert, I have a question though. The elements in visor, aren't they more of 'painting' rather than the actual fluids?

I mean, for example, I am trying to replicate the flameCoarse in the visor. But what I am seeing is 2 items - paint stroke and curve. I tried looking into the parameter within, correct me if I am wrong, but I am hardly seeing anything that may be of help should I be back to using fluids
09-10-2014, 02:49 AM   #4
stwert
EduSciVis-er

Make sure you're looking at the Fluid Examples tab, not the Paint Effects tab.