Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 22-10-2014 , 11:29 PM

Best way to increase detail of ncloth simulation?

Hi Guys,

So I have an ncloth banner that flops down over the side of a building. I have physical weights at the bottom edge to help pull it down. The animation is working fairly well. However, i'd really like to "scale it up" make smaller wrinkles, give it a much larger feel.

Currently, I had created it from a 40x60 grid plane. Do you know if there is a way to just swap it out for a more detailed mesh and resimulate to get more detail? Or do I have to reset it all back up with a higher resolution plane?

Thanks for any help!

-Ethan

https://mayazest.blogspot.com/
Production Tips and Tutorials!
# 2 23-10-2014 , 11:22 AM
The thin red line
You should be able to add smoothing to the mesh this will add to the render times. Also you can add a turbulence field to add more ripples to the flag or and change the preset to a softer cloth.....................dave

# 3 24-10-2014 , 03:50 PM
Ah good thoughts, turbulence field is a great idea.

I guess there is no good way to somehow increase resolution and resim though?

I read somewhere about using a low poly mesh to drive a high poly mesh or something like that I don't remember much about it though.

https://mayazest.blogspot.com/
Production Tips and Tutorials!