SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Extrude Faces Keep Faces Toggle

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

02-04-2005, 12:24 PM   #1
Anm8or
Subscriber

Extrude Faces Keep Faces Toggle
Hello everyone and good morning. I am pretty new to posting here, please forgive my lack of participation. I just downloaded the Apache tutorial, and already I have learned much more then I anticipated. And I am only on the fourth video!

On to my question. When I extrude my faces or my edges, I want to have my default set to turn toggle faces on. But I cannot seem to find where this should be set. I have looked in the tool settings for both tools and either I am missing it totally or its not there. Of course I can turn it on and off through the attribute editor or the channel box. But I should be able to set it as a default.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and the next time I crash I will come visit again!
02-04-2005, 12:40 PM   #2
kbrown

You can find it under Polygon->Tool Options->Keep Faces Together

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
02-04-2005, 03:58 PM   #3
Anm8or
Subscriber

dang dude thats twice you've made my day!