SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Dynamics & Special Effects / Geometry disappears when I try to cache

Dynamics & Special Effects Maya Particles, nDynamics, Fluids, Rigid Bodies & General VFX

Join the conversation. Reply to post

12-12-2014, 05:27 PM   #1
xgabrielx

Geometry disappears when I try to cache
I'm working on a simple animation of a bunch of objects falling into a container. However, when I try to cache the geometry, almost all of the objects disappear. They are all duplicated from the original. I noticed that the "Cache data" or whatever option is not set to on on the duplicates just because it was on the original, but I have changed it on all of them. However, the problem persists. What might have caused this? I suppose it wouldn't take too long to re-make the object and duplicate it and THEN apply the gravity, but I shouldn't have to. I dunno what's messed up here