Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 07-05-2007 , 07:10 AM

My account and mental ray

Hi

I have two problems, the first one is1 I have a new emai address and I can't find out how I ge to my account to change it.

The second is, a couple of months ago I was doing a college course and my tutor helped me turn on mental Ray. This weekend, I had a computer failure and I had to do a reinstall.

I am sure my tutor went into the plug-ins manager, and turned something on, but I am not sure what. I know it was when we started to use Mental Ray, I have some textures in my scene which I made in Photoshop and we turned Mental Ray on to make them look better.

These textures are neither showing upin the normal view or when I render. I also had some glows which when I render show up right at the end but thwy are not at the moment.

I am going to include three pictures, one is a screen shot of my plug-ins manager, one is a picture of what I should be getting when the render has finished and the other is what I am getting at the moment.

I am sure I need to turn something on in the plug-ins manager and I know we were using Mental Ray but I don’t know what I need to turn on, has anybody got any ideas?

Thanks
Trikeman

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 07-05-2007 , 07:24 AM
I believe the Mental Ray plug in is:
Mayatomr.mll

Edit: If you click on AutoLoad, it should load automatically next time you open Maya. Click on Loaded to load it "now". You can also click both.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!

Last edited by Perfecto; 07-05-2007 at 07:26 AM.
# 3 07-05-2007 , 08:30 AM
Jr.Who

Re: My account and mental ray

Originally posted by trikeman
Hi

I have two problems, the first one is1 I have a new emai address and I can't find out how I ge to my account to change it.

Go to User Control Panel (right under the site navigation bar) and then go to Edit Profile.
user added image

# 4 07-05-2007 , 10:22 AM
Hi

Thanks to you both, that was the mental ray and I did get to my account details.

I have also learned and impordant lesson, if you have textures in your project from somewhere like a PSD if you move the folders off the hard drive to do a reinstall you must put them back in the same place.

When I reloaded I put my project into another folder instead of the C and Maya could not link the files, then I moved it back to C and all was WELL

Just half a day lost tring to work out what was wrong. Thanks again all

Trikeman