Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-07-2004 , 09:07 AM

put a texture on it

Hi

I have a simple model which I need to create a texture on. I have a picture of a textile (as it is a sofa) now I would like to put the picture on the model.

Could you in big steps outline how to do that. Been playing with the hypershader, but I couldn't place my own picture file.

I'm also interested in how to control were the texture ends up, as I will need to ad a few pictures to make it look realistic.

Last, does anybody know any tutorials on the subject? (newbie)

I appreciate any help.

: ) Jakob

<i>It's the "hard", that makes it great! - Tom Hanks</i>
# 2 22-07-2004 , 01:51 PM
Subscriber
I'm a bit new to texturing myself, but if you can't find anything useful here, you should check out learning-maya.com

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 3 22-07-2004 , 01:57 PM
thanks! hehe.. blomkaal... user added image

: ) Jakob

<i>It's the "hard", that makes it great! - Tom Hanks</i>
# 4 22-07-2004 , 02:07 PM
Subscriber
NP user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 5 23-07-2004 , 01:45 AM
Subscriber
I think you want to place a 2D file onto your surface node? In hypershade create a Surface node say a Blinn, Lambert . . . & in its attribute editor for color select a 2D File. Depending on the need you may want to place the file as a label. You can then resize, warp it, reverse its direction, rotate it, blur, add noise . . . Hope this is what you were referring to.

# 6 23-07-2004 , 02:01 AM
They have tutorials on this site you can buy. I think the one you'd want is called "Projection Mapping and UV Layout"

# 7 23-07-2004 , 03:17 AM
Subscriber
If a couch was created & you want to put the texture of a couch on it. Dann is right you will have to do a UV layout. The texture will have to be created in photoshop or a program like that. If you created a box, vase, wall . . . & want just individual photos of a couch & others on it. Say like labels on a bottle. Then import the photos as I mentioned above