Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 01-02-2008 , 03:47 PM
Subscriber

Chrome spokes how to ?

I kinda start to learn about final gathering and lightning and rendering but how do I get chrome spokes for my wheel ? And I have much more what needs to be the chrome like look.

user added image

# 2 01-02-2008 , 03:50 PM
well usually you can just up the reflectivity on your shader (.750-.900ish) and turn on raytracing... that's the quick & easy way.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 02-02-2008 , 02:18 PM
Subscriber
take it into photoshop, .., bt coincidence im trying to get better highlights on my 3D dart.., i just did this

image.adjustment/desaturate

image/adjustment/shadows and light

image/adjustment/levels

dont know if thats how the pros do it but play with these settings

i hope this is what you mean, you ae trying to get highlights or specular?? .., maybe a little blur .., and comp them together

you can see the changes as i went through the adjustments

you could use the settings in maya too, plenty here can supply that too

im trying to get spec on the wire

Attached Thumbnails

take it easy and life will be easy
# 4 04-02-2008 , 04:15 PM
Subscriber

# 5 04-02-2008 , 04:20 PM
Subscriber
cant lose anything except time.., might be useful later if not now.., there are other ways to do chrome in maya.., but its one of those things that has been a bug in my side for years.., i should just get it down correctly.., but im wondering if every different environment needs a different approach..., let me know how you go.., i just got a book from the library today and it has how to render chrome.., but i havent checked it out yet.., but i know a lot of pros use this quick and dirty trick to make deadlines user added image

take it easy and life will be easy