Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 08-12-2003 , 06:15 AM

Dialogue Boxes not drawing correctly! Again!

This has been discussed before; on this forum and I posted at the kids table--to no avail.
Create>Nurbs>...> options, Create>polygonals>...>options, & duplicate > options dialogue boxes don't display all/or any of the fields or text that they are supposed to.

The solution previously derived, in this forum: upgrade to XP pro, does not work for me.
I already have WinXP pro and it's continually updated. I have:
A Dell Inspiron 8500, 1 gig of RAM, GeForce 4 w/64megs. w/latest drivers.

I've reinstalled MayaPLE5 several times!
I've played with compatibility modes in both the executable and installer.
To verify that media wasn't the problem I installed it on to an older and slower Win2k system, and it works fine...of course!!user added image

Surely the real solution must be out there; beyond me tossing this laptop out, or giving up on Maya.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

# 2 08-12-2003 , 07:00 AM
Subscriber
reinstal winXP pro, reinstall every thing.. start fresh. That has to be the anser I would think. its a good copy. You have enuff ram. It runs on the other system. So something in your system must be conflicting.. even though you keep it updated.

You might also try older drivers for your videoCard if you have them., sometimes the new drivers are a step back.

I know this sounds like a terible salution but its all I my self can think of and I really would hate for this problem from keeping you from the joys of Maya..

btw.. how old is the notebook ? and have you rebilt the files on the HD ?

# 3 08-12-2003 , 07:12 AM
That is a terrible solution. My last option, I think.
I can't go back to older drivers. My system is only 6 months old and the drivers up until this latest version caused blue screens and other unacceptable glitches. I've never rebuilt files on my HD.

Here's an interesting thought that I forgot to mention. I installed Maya 4.5PLE and it had the same problem.

So, I will sleep on the idea of reinstalling my OS.
Thanks.

# 4 08-12-2003 , 09:51 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Seagull
That is a terrible solution. My last option, I think.
I can't go back to older drivers. My system is only 6 months old and the drivers up until this latest version caused blue screens and other unacceptable glitches. I've never rebuilt files on my HD.

Here's an interesting thought that I forgot to mention. I installed Maya 4.5PLE and it had the same problem.

So, I will sleep on the idea of reinstalling my OS.
Thanks.

Don't know if this would make a difference - at this point I'd be about willing to try anything except a full system re-install - have you played around with your video settings? Switch off hardware accelerations, try different resolutions and color depths. Sounds odd, but I had horrible problems with Maya until I started playing with the vid drivers.

Also, check task manager to see what's running in the background and kill any un-necessary services.

# 5 08-12-2003 , 04:51 PM
Yes, I have tried differenct resolutions, different color depths and turned off acceleration. None of these tweaks worked.

How would I know which processes are unnecessary?

Nevermind, I deleted all the processes that weren't "SYSTEM" related to no effect.
user added image
-R.

Last edited by Seagull; 08-12-2003 at 10:13 PM.
# 6 16-12-2003 , 07:26 AM
SUCCESS!!!
Yes, I have finally figured it out. Shame on me for taking so long to look into Display Settings: General: Font Size Settings for Ultra High Resolution monitors. I had my font settings set for "Large" fonts. I set it to "Normal" and viola! All windows in Maya display text and properly now!

# 7 29-12-2003 , 04:40 AM
I was going to suggest that. user added image

Well, either that or bang on it a few times. That usually works for me. user added imageuser added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu