Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 21-02-2004 , 04:33 AM

AW Tutorials photo realistic eye...Possible Tutorial Video Idea

Has anyone here looked at the tutorial in the comunity section of the AW?

https://www.alias.com/eng/community/t...l/index.jhtml;$sessionid$F5YVYWNMZZPW1QCLCWSCFEWAJMK0KIV0

After step 7 I find this tutorial to be totally incomprehensible!

The author has made it into a "Guess what I did to get these results?" contest!!!

He may as well show photos for steps 8-30 (or whatever) and just have the same instructional sentence....

"Now do something in photoshop the get something on your computer to look like the image below"

And just repeat that 20+ times because after step 7 the instructions do nothing to describe what you need to do to get anything the remotely resembles the image shown for the step.

If anyone has succeeded in getting anything that remotely looks like the texture in the demo please share what you did.

Guys at Simply Maya you might want to consider taking this tutorial on as a texturing demonstration. I think building an eye texture in photoshop or DP would be a good one.

Cheers!

Last edited by ctbram; 21-02-2004 at 05:29 AM.
# 2 21-02-2004 , 12:03 PM
Subscriber
Probably most of the work in steps 8-25 is painting and 'eyeballing' (no pun intended) the result. Unless you've done that sort of work before, you're probably not gonna be able to get a good result with those guidelines.

I've seen alot of his tutorials before, and all of them have the same flaw. He may be a very good 3d artist, but he is a poor tutorial writer. Often you have to know exactly how to make the thing to be able to comprehend all the steps.

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 3 21-02-2004 , 02:48 PM
I've done that tut before....very difficult without a pen/tablet to do the detailed "undulations" as he calls them or the blood vessels in the eye. Just remember that it's not all simple photoshop "tricks" and that there is a bit of painting skills involved so take your time with it.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 4 21-02-2004 , 04:12 PM
i saw one similar some years ago, but using just filters(a lot) cleverly, so the guy could take you trough it in a "hit this and adjust that" fashion and the results were equal in photorealism... its more about finding the right tutorial to your skills and philosophy...

# 5 22-02-2004 , 12:07 PM
It´s true he may be a good 3d Artist but to write tutorilas.....
i tried to do it too but i think something skiped to him. had some troubles

weld some pixels !!!