Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-05-2008 , 05:57 PM

Pasting memory - really wierd

Hi,

does maya have some kind of pasting memory? I was just working on a new scene, and was pasting some text from the name of one material to another.

I don't know what keys I hit by accident along with from ctrl+v, but maya pasted in a copy of a part of a model I made (most of a pistol). I haven't even had it's scene file open for around 3 weeks.

What happened?

cheers

gubar

# 2 21-05-2008 , 07:34 PM
Senior Software Developer
I cn only speak from a Windows Standpoint, but Maya uses the Machines Clipboard for anything like text, filenames etc...

To get Geometry to paste into a scene it would have to have been copied or cut and then pasted into the scene. Normaly you would duplicate or import geometry into a scene. So I have no idea what you did to get the geometry in, maybe it was still in the clipboard.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)