Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 09-12-2010 , 06:01 AM
Lifetime Member

where have all the tuts gone??

hey i was wondering were a lot of the tutorials have gone to since the sites upgrade?? There's a whole bunch of videos that i can no longer find...lil' help please??

# 2 09-12-2010 , 06:10 AM
SM Tea Boy
We removed a few older tutorials. If you need to re-download anything please email me.

What exactly are you missing we only removed a few very old, very short tutorials? Be happy to help anyway I can.

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 09-12-2010 , 11:37 PM
Lifetime Member
there was the BMW convertible tut and a few others i cant remember exactly, and a whole bunch of package deals i cant find, also is there a tut on how to model the evil gnome head or is it just texturing? Lastly just a suggestion, could you try and add more rigging tutorials on the site, i love modeling but suck at rigging...

# 4 10-12-2010 , 02:02 AM
Administrator

hey i was wondering were a lot of the tutorials have gone to since the sites upgrade?? There's a whole bunch of videos that i can no longer find...lil' help please??

It's a fair question to ask I think. I posted a subscriber update with the new site to explain this, it's unfortunately drowned with the amount of forum threads posted over the past few days but you can find it here

https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34685

The main reason for this was to make space for new updated content of which we'll release a lot of over the next few months. So it's actually an improvement to the siteuser added image We keep everything in our archives so if there is anything in particular you're missing please let us know and we'll make it available for you to watch.

For the evil gnome it was a texturing tutorial only that came with the model, but a modeling tutorial was never on the old site. The BMW was there but as we have the Ferrari as well which shows some excellent techniques with displacement, building shading networks and Image Based Lighting and the end result is stunning we decided to keep this one on the site rather than the BMW. It's actually one of my personal favorites out of all the tutorials I watcheduser added image

For the bundles we will start to add new ones very soon, we just need to get every new feature on the site working a hundred percent before we'll start to add tutorials again and create new bundles.

Final thing, since you're interested in learning more about rigging this will probably make you very happy about the new site. I have looked long and hard for more than a year for a talented animator to produce this kind of training for the site and just a few weeks back I found not one but two (!) and these guys are really hard to come across. One of them is a 2d animator which is really interesting as he can explain the principles of creating realistic animations and the second one is a 3d animator with years of experience in production and advertisement. They also both have teaching experience at some excellent european schools and the training in the making is coming out great. So it's something to really look forward to on this site, we're expecting to start releasing it some time in january. I think this will be some of the best (if not the best) rigging and animation tutorials on the market today.

I hope you'll enjoy the new site and the tutorials to come shortly,
Nilla