Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 09-06-2005 , 08:59 PM

extrude face

OK, this is wierd, but there is something missing in my extrude face controls. According to all of the docs for Maya 6, there should be a feature called Keep faces together. However, it does not exist in my Maya 6.

Is it just me, or did they document this before implementing it. I need this basic feature.

HELP!!!:headbang:

# 2 09-06-2005 , 09:25 PM
Not in front of maya at the moment but it should be under polygon > tools > keep faces together or something thereabouts.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 09-06-2005 , 09:57 PM
Its in the attribute editor for the extrude face node toouser added image

Dave

Last edited by swankymonkey; 09-06-2005 at 09:59 PM.
# 4 09-06-2005 , 10:00 PM
Ah, thanks Dave. Don't know why I was looking in to the tool for it. Oh wait a minute, yes I do... that's where the docs say it is.

user added image

# 5 09-06-2005 , 11:00 PM

Originally posted by Dann
that's where the docs say it is.

You know what..its not just limited to the docs either..i'm currently working my way through a tutorial book on maya 6 and they can't even call the menu's by their right name!

- stace

msn: great_expanse AT hotmail.com