Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 30-10-2005 , 05:58 PM
Subscriber

shark basic texture

hey there guys jus posting a update on my shark been studying textures n uv's all week and borrowed a mouse!!!
so heres the look so far i think he needs to b whiter on his belly.
not sure.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 30-10-2005 , 06:02 PM
Subscriber
here's a wire, someone gave me advise bout loops i thought i knew what he was talkin about but im not sure now can some one help me on where to go with his mouth. also other advise is definitely welcome!! user added imageuser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 01-11-2005 , 06:54 AM
Subscriber
lol he was right in what he told you. Its just hard for you to create the geometry to flow like that from the way you modeled it to begin with.
Congrads on the uv mapping, makes a big difference doesnt it.
Its hard to explain how to change your geometry around the mouth, you just need to change the way the geometry flows.
There are some tools outthere that can make it easyer to change the flow of your geometry.
Ones called spinFaces.
Its really handy for changeing the flow, but takes quite of bit of practice to learn how to use it well. But if you start now, it will benifit you hugely later.
https://www.knower.it/files/SpinFaces.zip

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.
# 4 01-11-2005 , 04:45 PM
Subscriber
sweet thanks man.!