Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 02-03-2011 , 10:24 PM

Quick ZBrush Photoshop job

Today some mate of mine asked me to design something like a cover for a PC game he's working on. I made a quick sculpt in ZBrush and finished the rest in Photoshop. Whole thing was done in like 2-3 hours.

Feel free to give critics!!!

TDWuser added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by TDW; 03-03-2011 at 01:35 AM.
# 2 06-03-2011 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber
awesome job for 2-3 hours. love them baby blue eyes user added image the text should probably be sharper. it looks nice as a picture, but i don't see why it needs to be blurry especially on a cover

# 3 10-03-2011 , 05:56 PM
Thx, I see what you mean. The text was actually a placeholder, til I find a suitable font. I do those quick works mostly deep at night, after I couldn't get anything really good done during the daytime. user added image

Here's another quicky. Base mesh made in ZBrush, rest edited in Photoshop.

TDW user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 10-03-2011 , 06:21 PM
Super Moderator
The second one looks much better, more definition and a wider range of textures. Though the eyeballs could use a more organic feel to mach the rest of the entity, some translucency and less reflectivity perhaps. I would actually love to the see the first concept with a similar level of detail.

- Genny
# 5 10-03-2011 , 11:42 PM
# 6 11-03-2011 , 12:46 AM
EduSciVis-er
Yeah, that looks really nice. It looks gastropodiacal!