Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 11-12-2004 , 06:54 AM
Subscriber

Maya Freezes after changing View

Anyone have this problem? or resolved it.. when your working in a window lets says "persceptive" and then press space cause you wanna change to a different angle.. and then the screen freezes and the only thing you can do is close and restart maya.

I'm running WIN XP and a Radeon 9800.. I attempted to download the newest radeon files.. but till this happens.

https://www.verticalincline.com
# 2 12-12-2004 , 05:29 PM
Subscriber
It’s very likely your problem has to do with the video card you’re running on. You’ll have to look into getting an appropriate card. But here’s what you can do to avoid restarting Maya each time your panel view freezes:
On the panel menus ( i.e. the menus just below the shelf ), click on ‘Panels’ and move down to ‘Tear Off’. Click on that; a torn-off window will pop up. What you simply have to do is click the ‘X’ in the top right corner of this window to close it (just this window, NOT the main Maya window). Then, click on the ‘ Single Perspective View’ button (found among the buttons on the extreme left side of the Maya interface). That’s all. Now you should be able to tumble, zoom and pan again. Hope this works for you. Bear in mind that this is only a temporal solution. So, you still have to consider getting an appropriate video card. Good luck.