Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 04-05-2007 , 06:10 PM

Net model?

I am working with a programmer who is starting small with game design and code, and we are currently working on pong 3d, I have the paddles, ball and most of the table however I was just trying to think of some good approaches to modeling the net, I thought about just texturing a cubed rectangle but then it wouldn't be the proper way and I want to weed out bad habits. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

-Robert

Newbie to Pro in 21 days
# 2 04-05-2007 , 06:31 PM
Jr.Who

Re: Net model?

Originally posted by lordliquid
I am working with a programmer who is starting small with game design and code, and we are currently working on pong 3d, I have the paddles, ball and most of the table however I was just trying to think of some good approaches to modeling the net, I thought about just texturing a cubed rectangle but then it wouldn't be the proper way and I want to weed out bad habits. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

-Robert

The only thing that I can think of right now is if you model a plane, then texture it, and then put an alpha mask on it.
user added image

# 3 04-05-2007 , 06:48 PM
not a bad idea ill see how it turns out. thanks good sir user added image

Newbie to Pro in 21 days
# 4 04-05-2007 , 08:27 PM
I went with this, does it look ok to you?

Attached Thumbnails

Newbie to Pro in 21 days
# 5 04-05-2007 , 08:41 PM

# 6 04-05-2007 , 10:55 PM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by lordliquid
I went with this, does it look ok to you?

The net should be black, and can you render it closer?