Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 26-08-2008 , 09:06 PM

MB - updating timeline ..

usually when a new file is created and some takes are imported the timeline does update itself whenever another take is selected from the dropdown list. but as soon as I saved the file and reopen it the timeline doesn´t update anymore. there are no options anywhere. how can this be fixed? does any1 know?

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 2 26-08-2008 , 09:43 PM
Hmm, Dunno about that one mate?

Glad your starting to get on with it now, once you get over the quirky bits its a powerful bit of kit, its a shame theres not more tutorials on it. (might do one actually)

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 27-08-2008 , 07:37 PM
the solution is:

click on the time line and press

ctrl + shift + a

# 4 27-08-2008 , 08:25 PM
but another thing.

what is it when Local Blending doesn´t work anymore within the blend area of 2 boneAnims? checking it makes a differrence on the 1-animation-at-a-time-only area. but the blended part is screwed now. I get all this flipping and unreasonable rotations there. that kind of behaviour which was being fixed by activating Local Blend. checking this items doesn´t have any influence now anymore.

did I **** up my character or what? yesterday it did work. now it doesn´t. what´s going on?