Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 14-07-2008 , 05:29 PM

joint parent problem

for some odd reason my joints are in a transform node in the outliner that I cannot remove them from. Does anyone know how I can fix this since I cannot use it in its current state in motion builder as the joints are not parented correctly.

Thanks,

Leon

# 2 06-08-2008 , 01:19 AM
if you scaled the hierarchy under a group node, then I am afraid it is impossible to get this topNode lost. if you find a way don´t hesitate to tell me how you did it (not in case you just gave the rootbone the same scaling values then the groupNode has user added image )

but -

you can move the bones around (using MMB) inside the group at any time. and if I am not wrong MotionBuilder doesn´t have a problem importing hierarchies with a null group on top of all.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.