Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 11-08-2010 , 10:02 AM

Science of the Movies

Hey Guys,

Just having a flick throught the TV channels last night and noticed a programme called the Science of the Movies on discovery Science.

https://science.discovery.com/tv/scie...ce-movies.html

Pretty good as an overview and well worth a watch as an insight.

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 2 11-08-2010 , 10:49 AM
Lifetime Member
Wow Steve....cool...wish I had Foxtel.....I miss the good old doco's. Only crap on the poor mans channels over here...bugger...will have to wait for the repeats in 10 years.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 11-08-2010 , 05:16 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I have seen it but the guy who presents it is someone I find distracting in an annoying kind of way, sorry can't help it. user added image

Love Discovery and National Geographic channel however, it's always better than dancing with morons or reallife crap
user added image

# 4 12-08-2010 , 05:52 PM
Subscriber

Science of the movies

The host can be somewhat annoying sometimes but the places he goes is awesome. There was one episode where he went to ILM and they showed how they did the whole ocean fighting scene in Pirates of The Caribbean, another showed how they did the helicopters that exploded in The Day The Earth Stood Still. Really neat stuff at how the big studios are doing 3d/vfx.