Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 03-08-2011 , 06:19 PM
That lamp looks totally AWESOME! The desk looks good too but I think once it's textured, it's character will really come out. Nice modeling and nice progress.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 17 04-08-2011 , 08:04 AM
Nice start Daveido. I like the style of that Lamp and the desk looks clean too. Should be fun texturing these.

# 18 04-08-2011 , 08:24 AM
Thanks, I really appreciate it user added image
The texturing should be fun user added image that's not my strongest side, but I'm planning on pushing myself to the limit with this one... The table really needs a good texture... I also was thinking of mahogany - or oak, and a really worn-out texture.. Maybe I'll destroy the table a bit before modeling - so that there's a bit of detail in the model as well, not just in the texture.

I have some updates, I'm trying to make the general shape of the room. I did the windows, and the skirting and the cornice. I think these two elements are really really important - especially in a victorian type building.

Sorry for the bad screenshots... Soon I'll make some renders with a quick sunlight setup, so the quality is a bit better... But the final light won't come from the sun... I'm planning on a night scene with heavy artificial light - and a main blue-yellow like moon light.

Attached Thumbnails
# 19 04-08-2011 , 10:40 AM
Nice Start Daveidouser added image

# 20 05-08-2011 , 04:49 PM
Here's a bit of update, and I don't know when I'll get to work on it again user added image I will be traveling for two weeks, but maybe I can work on the office a bit...

So here's this hand thingy I'm making, still not complete, there's a quick plan of the pose on the left, maybe it'll hold an ashtray, or light a lighter, or something like that. And the other shots are the wip hand itself, it'll have a bit more detail on it, and still looks a little goofy in this unnatural straight pose... hope you'll like it user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 21 05-08-2011 , 07:14 PM
Cool user added image ! It could hold the ashtray and light your cigs. Nice work!

# 22 22-08-2011 , 07:18 AM
Hey, me again... it's been a while, I was out for two week, a bit of holiday user added image I hoped I can work on the project, but unfortunately I didn't have any time for it... So here I come! user added image I hope I can progress, but I have a lot of work... And the deadline is near user added image

# 23 22-08-2011 , 11:26 AM
I started modeling the sofa. What do you think? user added image I plan to make this look like completely victorian style, and it still needs some floral carving to tha bottom, and to other parts. It won't be easy... user added image Steampunk and the victorian stlye is really time demanding...

I plan to make an old fashioned stove to the back, where I planned the bookshelf, and I will upgrade it a bit, steampunk style user added image

First I'll make the major modeling, and after that the smaller parts... and the destructions as well (destroy the table a bit, build in some unnecessary coffee making machine to the side, or something like that...

Here's the sofa!

Attached Thumbnails
# 24 25-08-2011 , 07:50 PM
Hey, the next item is an old styled stove. I'm a bit stuck right now... I'm planning on small stuff scattered around the floor, but it will be a lot of time... and I don't exactly know what I want there... But I'll try to figure it out... Any ideas? user added image
Also aboce the sofa there's a big empty area which is a problem... I don't know what to do with it, I tried a maps, but it's not good... my other idea is leaving it empty and only making the texture of the wall very run-down and old, used etc.

Attached Thumbnails
# 25 25-08-2011 , 09:19 PM
Super Moderator
Sofa looks sweet, but there's a seam in the front that is distracting

- Genny
# 26 25-08-2011 , 09:29 PM
The thin red line
I would start texturing and lighting now then see whats missing.........dave

Edit:start thinking about your camera angle for your last shot

Last edited by daverave; 25-08-2011 at 09:35 PM.
# 27 26-08-2011 , 09:01 PM
GecT: Thanks, what seam?

daverave: great advice, just what I needed user added image to get away from the modeling a bit...

So I did the texture for the floor, it's still wip, I need to work out a few more stuff in it... And I started to experiment with the lighting, this is where I'm at the moment and I think I'm heading in the right direction. What do you think?

Attached Thumbnails
# 28 26-08-2011 , 09:14 PM
The thin red line
I think it need a little more light (moon light?) or from fire.........dave

# 29 26-08-2011 , 09:43 PM
Super Moderator
These seams, I don't know if they're supposed to be there or what. And the lighting is a bit on the dim side, I think the lamp should be pushing out more illumination than that.

Attached Thumbnails

- Genny
# 30 27-08-2011 , 06:27 AM
daverave: yeah, it's still a bit dark, but I think I'm in the right direction... But maybe I'll do a daylight setup and a night time setup... But the daylight setup is not too challenging.. Oh well I think it's time for me to look at a thousand different moon-lit rooms to get this right user added image

GecT: oh, yes, that seam, it's just there because the sofa is a wip still... I didn't attach the two halves of the leg part user added image Still needs those ornaments I mentioned.