Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 24-01-2006 , 01:54 AM

Werewolf model

user added image

I've been taking pictures as I go so, if you want to see some more shots of this guy from the start up to now, click here.

I started the model with Zbrush then moved into Maya to fit the pieces together.

Zbrush is really cool once you get the hang of it. I made some mistakes with my Zbrush model but, as they say, live and learn.

All comments are welcome.user added image

# 2 24-01-2006 , 03:33 AM
Subscriber
sick .. how long did that take?

# 3 24-01-2006 , 09:27 AM
nice work user added image I like how you show the progress between zbrush and maya.

I like the detail in the mouth though the front incisors could probably do with a little rounding off.
Also in mammalian carnivores there is usually a gap between the tooth after the canine and the tooth behind that.
Saying that it is a fantasy creature so you have creative licence to do whatever you want user added image

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 4 24-01-2006 , 01:19 PM
Thanks guys!

The head took about 8 hours to do. The reason it looks kind of low poly is because I'm using a displacement map along with the mesh. The actual model was about 3 million polys. Zbrush calculates the difference between the lowest detail level and the highest then it generates the displacement map for you.

The inside of the mouth started in Zbrush them finished in Maya. Yeah, I took some liberties with the teeth. I probably should have used some reference material as a guide but I decided to just wing it.

I agree that the front teeth need to be rounded a bit. Thanks.

Last edited by Velusion; 24-01-2006 at 01:32 PM.