Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 21-06-2006 , 09:58 AM
Subscriber

conclusion

Just for the sake of completeness - my very first mech.
:p

Did it 3 years ago. With less than little knowledge of Maya, or even what I was doing, that thing nearly drove me nuts..

Attached Thumbnails

..the Force is with me (sometimes)
# 2 02-07-2006 , 09:42 PM
Subscriber
I just noticed this thread and I couldn't let it go unanswered!

Nice job, pat yourself on the back and keep modelling!

It took me almost three years to know what the hell I was doing in Maya and then it all hit me like a ton of bricks! Hopefully, whatever you learned (good and bad) will allow you to finish models in far less time and more efficiently!

Now's a good time to learn UV mapping so you can texture that animal!

Again, nice first mech! :-)

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 3 03-07-2006 , 02:19 AM
Subscriber

hmm...might look qiute good, but if I would post a wireframe - You would back off from laying out that UV's.

Let me say it with Luke Skywalkers words :

If clean modelling has got a bright center - this mesh is the most far away from it... user added image

So I won't touch it anymore. Maybe I remodel it someday. But next coming up is a Comanche Helicopter. ( since i don't like the apache :bandit: )

cheers

Mac

..the Force is with me (sometimes)