Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-02-2008 , 11:56 AM

Final Winter Challenge 2

Hi everyone, there seems to be some other people who are also having trouble posting their entries, so I have created this thread where we can post our stuff to- on the closing date ie 10th so that hopefully we will still be considered..........

# 2 08-02-2008 , 12:02 PM
aaaah sack the max file size is too small to post here, well here is a slightly smaller version of my final entry, it looses a bit of the texture detail but its better than nothing hey....

Attached Thumbnails

# 3 08-02-2008 , 03:02 PM
item deleted

Last edited by ave; 08-02-2008 at 04:54 PM.

# 4 08-02-2008 , 03:03 PM
Item deleted

Last edited by ave; 08-02-2008 at 04:55 PM.

# 5 08-02-2008 , 03:04 PM
Jr.Who
Pretty sure this isn't allowed. And you shouldn't be posting other people's images.

# 6 08-02-2008 , 03:49 PM
I would have wanted somebody to do that for me.......

he has worked flipping hard on it, and there is no way that im allowing him to be kicked out just because the people in charge dont know that he has finished...... I wouldnt normally do this, but it has to be in asap, so Iv suggested to him that when he gets this, that he submit his entry here, and ill delete the ones I posted, but by the time he gets the message, the deadline may well be come and gone

but besides the point I really dont know what the big deal is here, if I offended him then I will apologize to him, but thats between him and me, my intention was to help a friend out, not to be divisive in any way

that said If I have overstepped my boundaries then I apologize

# 7 08-02-2008 , 04:43 PM
here is my entry, if it can still b allowed..

Ave - i dont mind u posting my images for me - I thought that was a nice thing to do, ur right i worked hard on it and didnt wana lose out on competiting. but good luck to all.
U can remove my pics and ill upload them myself now, thnks bud.

user added image

Attached Thumbnails

# 8 08-02-2008 , 04:44 PM
other renders - the 1 above is my final, ( if it can b judged )

Attached Thumbnails

# 9 09-02-2008 , 03:52 AM
Subscriber
delete this thread.

take it easy and life will be easy

# 10 09-02-2008 , 04:13 AM

Originally posted by mirek03
delete this thread.

Why?

Mikes said he made the mistake, the guys here just wanted there work to be entered, the thread for "official enteries" was locked, they set up antoer thread, so what, i'm sure you would want to a way to show your final image, if the shoe was on the other foot.

If they dont get entered into the comp then its a real shame as its a misunderstanding.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle

# 11 09-02-2008 , 05:28 AM
Subscriber
WHY?????.., there are rules in this world.., you want to buck them steve. theres a difference between 'displaying' work.., and being militant about it. for god's sake.., of course i would want my work shown.., but i wouldn't buck the system if i had made a mistake and call a thread 'challenge 2' and take over the site

anyway.., the main point for me was.., mike opened up the thread again and if they had of looked they would have seen..,

there was no need for this thread

and no need to demand work be shown in such a way.., NO i would not have behaved like this and i know.., neither would you !!!

this is not personal against anyone.., but as i said.., as one gets older.., they will notice rules and their place among those rules.., do you think demanding work be shown in a production house would go down well..??..,

what ever.., sheesh ??!! go save the whales!!!!

take it easy and life will be easy

# 12 09-02-2008 , 05:42 AM
Mirek,

This thread was started yesterday, when the original thread was locked (on the 10th which was the final day for entries....), hence why it was started. So NO they couldnt have looked to see if it was open as it wasnt when they posted!

It was a mis understanding with the entry date (look in the rules thread) not someone attempting t "militant takeover of simply maya"

Chill.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle

Last edited by gster123; 09-02-2008 at 05:47 AM.

# 13 09-02-2008 , 11:33 AM
Here here gster user added image

Mirek - the deadline may have been the 10th but i like a few others, thought that we could upload that day. Ive known competitions in the past to change deadline dates, besides its only a rule not a freakin LAW. If we worked hard these past few months then we should be allowed to show it. I would of uploaded sooner but i had stuff on my plate startin a new job and all that.

# 14 09-02-2008 , 11:41 AM
The Maya Mountain
Thanks for posting your entries. I mistakenly closed the thread a day early and I'm glad you guys took the initiative to call me out on it! these entires WILL be considered. Just to be safe, though, feel free to post them in the official thread I started too, now that it's back open.