Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 20-08-2008 , 12:05 AM
This is incredibly upsetting. I have now deleted the prefs folder, updated all the drivers, and just reinstalled PLE off of the autodesk site...still no change. Thanks for everyone's help so far, but it seems that I've had a problem that nobody else has ever had this badly.

Aha! Even if it's a temporary fix, I searched through all the topics on the forum even close to this problem, and found one topic from 2003 that said I should go back and reload the texture from how I initially did it. If anyone already mentioned this and I just didn't understand, sorry for continuing to make this situation difficult, but everyone's help has been greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

--
Matt

Last edited by iMattTG; 20-08-2008 at 12:27 AM.
# 17 28-08-2008 , 02:41 AM
I figured I would ask my next question in this old thread so I don't have to bother thinking up a witty name to call a new one.

I'm at the part in the tutorial where Kurt is tweaking the shape of the model in subdiv (and going back to polygons), but when I watch him convert to Subdiv, it becomes a bit smoother, and then he must hit a button on his keyboard or something because a second later the model gets even smoother than that.

Anybody know what he must be hitting because just sitting in subdiv, mine is starting to look pretty bad unfortunatly?

# 18 28-08-2008 , 03:34 AM
Lifetime Member
he's hitting 2 and 3 on the keyboard to make it go up a level of smoothness.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner