Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-04-2011 , 05:16 AM
Lifetime Member

Environment Lighting Tests

Hey All,

I'm working on this steampunk nuke reactor for a uni assessment...in the final stages now, just working on the lighting...Camera fly through coming soon...Any suggestion are wanted and welcomed...

-Joel

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 28-04-2011 , 10:28 AM
The thin red line
You could do a occlusion render to bring out more detail, looks good..........dave

# 3 28-04-2011 , 03:57 PM
The Nurb Herd
seems to me like there is not much variation in the textures. Its looks like you only have about 5 different texture maps.

# 4 09-05-2011 , 06:25 PM
Simply Maya OG
I agree with honestdom. Your textures are way too repetitive. Add some variation in there, and add in some kind of dirt/grease/grime to it. It looks way to clean. Maybe alittle bit of a glow to the 'slime'?

- Hybrid