Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-08-2019 , 01:34 AM

Rig/ Geometry separate as I scroll timeline

Hey all,
I need help with my character. The character is rigged, skinned, and ready for animation. I blocked in a few key poses for the animation. However, when I scrub the timeline after a few frames, the rig and Geo separate (not in the way double transformation kind of way). The rig moves and updates as I scroll the timeline, but the geometry remains frozen in a particular pose after 3 or 4 frames as if it had never been skinned. I thought it might be a skinning issue, but I checked the Hypergraph and the skin cluster is still connected to the geometry. My gut tells me it's a graphics card issue, because the the geometry has alot of poly's, but I updated the drivers on my graphics card and I still have the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.