Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 18-06-2017 , 06:13 AM

Realistic Skin Detail

Hi Guys,

Working on finishing a game character to drop in UE4 and have just finished the high res head.

Thought I would share the results. I didn't bother with the micro detail pass on the skin as Zbrush has to be around 50+mil polygons for it to actually be worth it and my computer crashes at 17mil.

Also, included some of the clothing low res game mesh render... result is quite what I wanted the clothing wrinkles are washed out once rendered and in the real time lighting. (i learn't a lot though!)

Andy

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 28-06-2017 , 12:06 AM
Animation Question

Hi guys, I rigged a version of my character dropped him into Ue4 and re targeted a list of animations to the skeletal mesh.

The problem I have is certain animations are really bad and I am trying to identify the cause (This is the first character I have skinned that isn't really low poly so highly likely I am doing something wrong) The problem is that when the character runs, walks or plays through the death animation his will chest concave. Like there is no mass there to support. I have tried re weighting the chest and tweaking bone placement with no luck... any ideas????? I have been stumped for days.

Andy