Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 12-09-2013 , 04:43 AM

how to un-set a key in the Attribute Editor.

I'm hoping there is a way to delete/remove a key that's been set on an attribute in the Attribute Editor.

For example, if I'm on a specific frame and right-click and choose "Set Key" for something like Glow or Incandescence, I cannot find any way afterward to go back and simply remove the key. All I've found is to do a "Break connection"...but that deletes all keys set for that attribute in the entire timeline!

Is there no option to simply go back to the initial frame, select that attribute again, and do a "Delete Key" or something that will remove the setting for that one frame?

(Side question: Is there anywhere that shows what frames have these types of attributes keyed? I know of the Dope Sheet editor...but I don't see these attributes showing up there. )

Thanks,
JTT

# 2 12-09-2013 , 08:31 AM
Subscriber
Use the graph editor to fix and move keys about, you can delete them there too!
S

It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion
# 3 12-09-2013 , 04:01 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
Or select the key in question on the time line right click and delete

# 4 26-09-2013 , 05:21 AM

Clarifying the issue...

Thanks for the help, but I don't think I've been clear enough on what my issue is: I'm not just trying to delete a key in the timeline..I can do that easily enough, and I know how to use the Dope Sheet for moving Keys in the timeline as well.

The problem is when an Attribute is keyed using the Attribute Editor for things like Color, Incandescence, Transparency, or Glow Intensity. You set a key for those, as far as I know, but right-clicking on the name and selecting "Set Key" in the little pop-up. Doing that sets a key on that attribute at whatever frame you're currently on, but it does not appear in the timeline. (Hitting "S" to create the key-tick in the timeline seems to only keys things like Translation, Rotation, etc. It doesn't key those other attributes.)

For example: If it go to frame 100, place my object, and hit "S"..I've set a keyframe for the object at that frame. If I then go to the Attribute Editor and change the Color and right click on the word "Color" and "Set Key" in the pop-up, I now have the object keyed at frame 100 -and- a specific color also set at frame 100.

Here is what's making life difficult: If I then move the key set for the object from frame 100 to frame 150 (either by cut-and-paste or using the Dope Sheet, etc.) the object gets moved and the 'tick' in the timeline shows now at frame 150, but the color is still keyed at frame 100 (and no mark in the timeline showing it's still at frame 100.) I've been unable to find any place, not in the Graph Editor, Dope Sheet, or anywhere else, to simply select and move every keyable attribute like this. And, there's nowhere to go in and simply delete the key for that attribute. For some of my objects I've set a number of attributes at various frames, but now need to move everything to some other frame, and it's a headache.

One curious thing is that in the little pop-up where you "Set Key" on these attributes (Glow, Color, etc.), the top item in the pop-up takes you to the "Anim Curve Attributes", which does show a list of 'Keys' and the frames they are set on. You can change the frame number there, which is nice, but you cannot simply delete a key outright. Bummer.
So far all I've found to do is "Break Connection", which wipes all keys for that attribute, and start over resetting things at the new frame. That's absolute misery!

I really can't believe it's this difficult to do this. I'd expected the Dope Sheet would simply also show a list of every keyed attribute, from position to glow, for a selected object. It would be so easy to just select everything at once and conveniently move everything to a new frame, but I can't find any way to do it logically and simply.
Anyone??
-JTT

# 5 07-01-2015 , 02:39 PM
I was having the same problem and I think I might have found the answer. Choose the tab of the attribute you want to see on the keyframe editor. Next, click the "Select" button in the bottom left-hand corner of the attribute editor. You will now see the keys that have been set under that attribute.

# 6 19-01-2015 , 02:14 PM
In Maya 2014 go to "window->animation editor->dope sheet". Then unroll the scene summary and you should see any key'd attributes that aren't part of the shape/transform node.

Use the edit menu to delete, move and change the key you have selected in the dope sheet.

Hope that helps.