Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 30-10-2015 , 02:02 AM
Subscriber

Robot Volume 1 - Mirror Geometry

Hi Everyone,

I've run into some trouble when mirroring geometry. For some reason mirror ("Merge with original - merge vertices selected) the function collapse object into one plan. Please see attached file for your reference.

Look forward to hear from you all. Thanks!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mirror error.pdf (179.0 KB, 419 views)
# 2 30-10-2015 , 02:06 AM
SM Tea Boy
It's not uncommon try changing the merge threshold or don't merge the verts, untick that option and do a edit mesh merge with a very low threshold value after you have mirrored the geo

Hope that helps
David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 30-10-2015 , 05:10 AM
Subscriber
Hi David,

I've unticked 'Merge with original' and clicked apply. The object appears correct (just like on your video) however when I select a random vertex on and move the vertex point along the x axis using the keyboard, the selected vertex stops at the middle edge? It's strange because when I select the option the entire piece highlights however from a vertex it appears that both objects are separate.

Happy to say that after I selected 'Edit Mesh --> Merge Components' with low threshold, the vertex issue was resolved.

Once again, thanks again for your help.